Summer Favourites

Beauty products are not my strong suit. I buy them regularly, obsess over a new purchase and before anyone has even had a chance to catch on, I've forgotten all about it and switched to something else again. However, there's a couple of products that I've been using pretty regularly this summer, and as you may notice from the photo below, most of them are hair products.
Batiste dry shampoo - TIGI S-factor True Lasting Colour - Argan Oil of Morocco conditioner - Bourjois 123 Perfect CC cream - Max Factor Velvet Volume mascara - Vichy Idéalia moisturizer - Dessata hair brush
Ever since I've started dying it ginger, my hair has been far more damaged and brittle than before; it's a bit ironic that my hair should give up now and not while I was bleaching it every month for three years. Using dry shampoo may not exactly help to improve its quality either, so I compensate with a couple of expensive quality hair products.


Pictured above, my personal holy grail. I absolutely adore this oil. It makes my dry hair smoother, softer, healthier and easier to style. My hairdresser recommended it to me and it's one of the best impulse purchases I've ever made. Even though it's heavensent for people with dry and frizzy hair, it's still an oil; I wouldn't recommend if you've already got naturally greasy hair.

My current makeup essentials
Some of you may remember a post, ages ago, where I attempted to describe my beauty routine. Since then, a lot has changed. Not only have I gotten lazier, I've also grown far more invested in my eyebrows. I can't even imagine the person I was before I cared so much about my eyebrows; those were dark times, dark times indeed. These days, I only put on some BB cream, mascara and eyebrow pencil before work and skip the liquid eyeliner; so much could go wrong with it, and I simply don't have the emotional strenght to redo my eyeliner three times every single morning.


Last but definitely not least is not a beauty product, but food; despite what some people may have told you, even I need nutrients on a regular basis in order to function properly. Annoying, I know. For a full explanation on Huel, I'll refer you to the website, but basically it's "a nutritionally complete powdered food ​that contains all the proteins, carbs, and fats you need [...]." I've been drinking Huel for lunch for the past three weeks and I'm generally very happy with it because it saves both time and energy. Long story short, I'm far too lazy to pack lunch everyday.

Are there any products that you'd recommend in order to survive summer? Any old favourites or band new discoveries? And yes, sunblock is a given, obviously. What do you take me for, some kind of maniac?

Labels: